Every person has a spirit that yearns for fulfillment. A well-rounded woman seeks ways to develop and nourish her spirituality as a complement to her physical life. As a Biblical Christian, I have noted the following ways in which my beliefs uniquely satisfy my spiritual needs.
1. Christians are unique in that they serve a risen Savior, Jesus, a Prophet who lives to this day (I Corinthians 5:16-20).
2. Christianity is the only religion to believe in and worship only one Spirit, the Holy Spirit (I Corinthians 12:9, I Corinthians 12:13, Ephesians 2:18, Ephesians 4:4).
3. Christianity is the only religion in which salvation is both available to all and not earned by one’s own merit (Ephesians 2:7-9).
4. A follower of Christ can pray to God directly through Jesus; no other intermediary is required (John 14:13-14; 15:16; 16:23-26; I Timothy 2:5-6).
5. Christianity grants great freedom for the Christian; there are no dietary restrictions (Acts 10:9-16, 11:1-10); minimal dress requirements (I Tim. 2:9-10, I Pet. 3:2-5); and minimal physical requirements for worship and practice, such as when and where to meet, how often, and what to do while there (Hebrews 10:25, Acts 20:7).
6. On the other hand, what is unique about Christianity is that the follower of Jesus Christ has countless opportunities each day to demonstrate obedience to Christ by displaying the His characteristics, such as love, joy, peace, gentleness, kindness, patience, and so on (Galatians 5:16-26, Romans 12:9-21, Romans 13:8-14, I Corinthians 13). Because God leads each believer on a personalized journey, Biblical Christians are not necessarily cookie cutter copies of each other. However, the Holy Spirit’s presence emanates from a believer of Christ and can and should be recognizable to others.
7. The God of the Bible is actively involved in the world today (Ecclesiastes 3:11, Lamentations 3:22-23).
Following Jesus Christ is the foundation of my life. The life of Jesus sets the moral precedents by which I live, reiterated for all believers in the new law of grace found in the New Testament of the Bible. I believe a person cannot truly be well-bred on the outside without an inner source of morality, faith, trust, peace, and joy. Many topics on this blog will relate to the wisdom and moral lessons I have gleaned from the Bible.